Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Buckle up for Mom's Sanity!

There’s nothing like a good harness, buckle, or seat belt.  And before you go all 50 Shades on me, I’m talking about the various restraints that manage to keep my kids from potential emergency room visits.  I’ve come to realize that the most stress-free parts of my day are when my children are safely squared away into contraptions.  So I thought this week I’d pay homage to some of those devices.

The Stroller
I am in love with my double Bob.  I’ve used it practically every single day for the last 16 months.  It’s the only stroller we have, therefore I spend a lot of time hefting it in and out of the car (and I fully count that as my weight lifting routine, along with carrying Harry).

It also turns on a dime and fits through 99% of the doors I’ve attempted to maneuver it through.  I’ve had many a nurse try to persuade me that it wasn’t going to fit through an exam room door only to thankfully prove them wrong.  (I challenge you to go to a doctor’s appointment with 2 toddlers sans stroller.  DISASTER.  I know from experience because I was feeling cocky one day.  It didn’t end well and involved the hurling of several plastic cups and chalk and resulted in an angry doctor.) 

But I do have a confession to make.  


Keep reading here: Patch blog #10

No comments:

Post a Comment