Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Peas, Poop, and Parties

When Harry was just a few weeks old, a shy yet well-intentioned former high school classmate came over with her baby to catch up.

I'm not sure if it was Auggie's maniacal obsession with running in circles (the boys are 14 months apart), the dogs' incessant barking (yup there's two of them), or the fact that I was trying to nurse the baby while blabbing away to keep the conversation going that caused her to blurt out:

"How are you not curled up in the corner in the fetal position with a bottle of gin?"

I think at the time, I smiled demurely and said something inane like "Oh, it's fine. We manage."

Due to the events of the last 24 hours, I'd like to officially change my response to the following: "Because I prefer box wine?!"


Keep reading here: Patch Blog #2

No comments:

Post a Comment